All you have to do is initialize the Receiver (connect it to your router for a few minutes), mount it on top of or on the side of your building, facing your AyrMesh Hub, and plug a device into the “LAN” port on the Receiver’s power supply. That device will now be part of your network. You can also connect an Ethernet Switch to the LAN port of the Receiver’s power supply and plug multiple Ethernet cables into it, to place several devices on the network. Finally, you can take an old WiFi router, disable the “DHCP” function, plug one of the LAN ports into the LAN port of your Receiver, and configure the WiFi as an Access Point. Please read this article on ayrstone.com.
Articles in this section
- How can I mount the AyrMesh Receiver to a flat surface?
- How do I use the AyrMesh Receiver to bring my network into a building?
- If I put an AyrMesh Receiver on the outside of a metal building, how can I provide indoor WiFi?
- How do I interpret the lights on the AyrMesh Receiver?
- How can I use the AyrMesh Receiver to connect an Ethernet-only device (like a high-end IP camera) to my network?